Male Aesthetics: Dr Irene Kushelew
Male Aesthetics Master Class with Dr Irene Kushelew
Men and women’s aesthetic needs vary as does the anatomical presentation in men and women. Aesthetically pleasing outcome for a woman includes a variety of distinct features such as an oval face shape opposed to a man who will look more pleasing with the effects of ageing and a square set jawline. There are many differences that a cosmetic clinician MUST know when treating men to avoid feminising them. The ideal feminine brow shape is slightly arched and sits a touch above the brow bone. For men, however, a straighter eyebrow which sits lower on the brow bone is considered to be the most attractive shape. A skilled clinician will understand where to inject in order to achieve these different effects.
Did you know that facial hair is a benefit in reducing static lines?
- Injecting techniques for a male versus a female.
- Crow’s feet
- Brow area
- Addressing hollowing around the eyes
- Temporal area
- The different approach to cheekbone enhancement
- Balancing facial proportions
- In treating male patients, the aim should be to create a strong, square-shaped jaw and chin area which will masculinise the face.
- Nasolabial fold
- Double chin