First Aid Courses
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid (Refresher Course)
This course has been designed for students who have previously undertaken First Aid Training in the area of First Aid and are looking to upgrade and refresh their knowledge and skills for currency of First Aid practices.
All students will be familiar with the language, use of equipment involved in the first aid industry, and concepts related to providing First Aid. Student undertaking this ‘refresher course’ will have undertaken accredited training in ‘Provide First Aid’ within the last 4 years and are able to provide evidence at enrolment of a Statement of Attainment for that Unit of Competency or Qualification (with that Unit of Competency listed on the transcript/ record of results).
The industry standard for First Aid practitioners to maintain currency for is three years as recommended by Safe Work Australia (First Aid in the Workplace, Code of Practice March, 2015). This unit is also mandatory for some professions.eg: Personal Trainers, Security Guards, Children’s Services Staff, and School Teachers.
How can training benefit you?
- A Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment upon successful completion of the course
- Fun and flexible delivery of training and assessment by experienced industry trainers and assessors
- Learning of new skills
- Refresh your existing skills and maintain currency per industry requirements
- Meet new people and gain confidence in your first aid skills
Students need to complete one unit consisting of:
HLTAID003 Provide First Aid
What content is covered in the training?
This unit describes the skills and knowledge required to provide a first aid response to a casualty. The unit applies to all workers who may be required to provide a first aid response in a range of situations, including community and workplace settings.
Who can undertake the training?
Students are required to:
- Be aged minimum of 18 years old.
- Have undertaken accredited training in ‘Provide First Aid’ within the last 4 years and are able to provide evidence at enrolment of a Statement of Attainment for that Unit of Competency or Qualification (with that Unit of Competency listed on the transcript/ record of results).
- Be competent in written and spoken English and will undertake a Language, Literacy, and Numeracy test prior to commencing the training.
- Be able to attend the scheduled session/s as per the timetable.
- Note students are required to perform practical demonstrations on the floor.
How often do the courses run and what is their duration?
This course is delivered over 7.5 hours and students will also be required to allocate appropriately 2 hours prior to the class to undertake pre-course reading/ learning.
Normal operating hours of the RTO are Monday- Friday 9am-5pm, and all training and assessment services that are conducted by the RTO will be scheduled within these hours.
Courses are run regularly throughout the year. Please speak directly to CPD Institute of Australia for exact course dates.
How is the course trained and assessed?
The course is delivered with both theory and practical elements and is completed via a simulated work environment (in a classroom). The delivery of training will include a mixture of classroom delivery, group discussions and practical components.
Assessment is used to provide you with feedback on your progress and to measure your skills and knowledge against the training qualification requirements and those of the industry. The assessment process will include a written test and practical demonstrations.
After completing the HLTAID003 Provide First Aid course, students may wish to undertake the course HLTAID006 Provide advanced first aid.
How much does it cost?
Course cost is $185 per student.
For re- issuance of Certificates and Statements of Attainments the student will be charged $25 per document required. Payment for the re-issuance of such documents is required prior to the re-issuance occurring by the RTO.
How do I enrol?
The enrolment process is completed by following the steps outlined below:
- Read and understand the information contained in the Student Information Handbook – please contact the RTO to obtain a copy.
- Select the course of study you wish to undertake and complete the Enrolment Form – please contact the RTO to obtain your form.
- Sign the Enrolment Form to show that you understand all of the information provided, and return the Enrolment Form to the RTO.
- Complete a Language, Literacy and Numeracy test supplied by the RTO.
- Provide evidence of your existing Beauty Therapy/Nursing qualification to ensure eligibility.
- Provide the RTO with the tuition payment.
Would you like more information?
Contact our friendly team at CPD Institute of Australia on:
t: 03 9041 3782
RTO Number: 41445
Course Fee Refunds
All applications for refunds must be made in writing by way of the ‘Refund Application Form’ and submitted to Student Administration. Approved applications will be processed within 14 days from the date of application.
The assessment of refund applications shall be granted as indicated below:
Outline of Refunds
Withdrawal more 48 hours prior to agreed start date
Withdrawal less than 48 hours prior to the agreed start date
Full refund minus a $25.00 Administration fee
Withdrawal after course commencement
The RTO is unable to commence the course for which the original enrolment and payment has been made.
Full refund or alternative placement in a course
The RTO is unable to continue to deliver the course as agreed.
Partial refund or alternative placement in a course
Students may have extenuating circumstances that prevent them from attending scheduled course dates. These circumstances may include (but are not limited to):
- Family or personal matters
- Other extraordinary reasons
Where evidence can be successfully provided to support the student’s circumstances, course fees may either be transferred to the next available course where applicable, or a refund of unused course fees will be issued. This decision of assessing the extenuating circumstances rests with the Training Manager and shall be assessed on a case by case situation.
Please note: where the Student breaches the conditions of enrolment no refund is payable.
All clients have the right to appeal a refund decision made by CPD Institute of Australia by accessing the Complaints and Appeals Policy and Procedure.
These refund arrangements and the availability of the complaints and appeals processes, does not remove the client’s right to take action under Australia’s consumer protection laws, including but not limited to a statutory cooling-off period, if one applies.
Complete our courses & become a CPD certified practitioner